Jan 1, 2009

New Year's Inspiration Challenge


Well, I accepted my second ever challenge today from Gina K. to create a card that inspired us to look forward. Of course, she used one of my VERY favorite quotes, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams," and so I had to use one of my other favorites, a George Eliot quote. "It's never to late to be what you might have been." I used this so many times in my English classes over the years, both as a writing prompt and in counseling students about life choices.
As for the card, I went for a whole different look today and used a sheet of creative Imaginations paper, Sonnets Boy Quilt. The border between the two prints has a printed entredeux and so I went digging into my French lace for a scrap to sew onto the card as if it were a piece of French handsewing. That's two days in a row that I've used my machine--wow! I created the frame for my quote with an oval Nestability. The embellishments are from Yellow Bicycle's delightful collection of embossed cardstock. The ribbon is from a Christmas bow that I destroyed for this project because I love the way the white voile is trimmed in silver.
I'm defintely going to have craft withdrawal next week when I have to go back to work....

No comments: