Jan 4, 2009

Amish Diamond in a Square



Participating in a card challenge to create paper pieced cards has given me all kinds of ideas for piecing with paper. This card copies a very traditional Amish pattern of Diamond in a Square. It may not be for everyone, but I love the simplicity of it. I chose leave the white space alone and let it frame to quilt pattern rather than stamp something or add embellishments. I had fun with the papers' textures, though. I used the houndstooth Cuttlebug embossing folder on the navy and the bubbles embossing folder on the red. The lighter blue cardstock already has texture, and then the smooth white cardstock adds another level of contrast in texture.

The central image is 4 and 1/4" square and mounted on a 6" square card. Yes, that means extra postage, but it's well worth the few cents extra at times!

If creating paper quilts interests you, Check out Sandra Foose's book Paper Quilts.

No comments: