Jun 22, 2008

7 1/2 Habits for Lifelong Learning

Great presentation! It clearly lays out how to approach learning successfully. Probably the easiest one on the list for me is accepting responsibility for my own learning. I have been self-directed from an early age, and when I am curious about something, I search out ways to learn on my own. I like to buy books and teach myself new things like quilting, scrapping/card making, and web design. I taught myself how to use Dreamweaver five years ago from a shareware tutorial called "Getting Interactive with Dreamweaver." After I completed the tutorial, I created my website Texas Schoolmarm for my classroom. Of course, it didn't look like what I have up there now. I have continued to improve my skills and added to my site as a result of online technology classes through ESC Region 11, as well as time spent reading the Help documentation ;-)

1 comment:

LauraAnn said...

Hi there, Schoolmarm! I loved your blogname...my father refers to me by the same title!

I looked at your website and am very impressed by your students' podcasts. I love the NPR program and often use them in my classroom, but I never thought of having my students produce their own!

My seniors each have to make a 5-minute speech in the last six-weeks - a stand and deliver type thing - and it is very difficult for the shy, of course. Maybe I can offer the podcast as an option? Thanks for the inspiration!